Thông tin doanh nghiệp
Chuyên môn của chúng tôiMôi trường Dịch vụ
Revival Waste researches each type of waste, comes up with an appropriate treatment and sorting method, and then develops a workable plan for other businesses to join. Revival Waste’s revenue comes from money selling garbage, consulting costs for businesses when participating in the project. Currently, Revival Waste is collecting rubbish from sources such as schools and a number of collaborative local programs.
Revival Waste’s goal is to establish a platform that connects emissions sources, governments, brands, … together. Instead of going through intermediate stages, scrap collection points will be sorted at source and go straight to recycling plants.
As a community project just established in November 2018, so finance is one of the biggest difficulties for Revival Waste at the moment. The founder said that Revival Waste’s revenue reached 125 million VND but the company was losing about 700 million VND. Revival Waste is the first project for the community and environmental protection to raise capital in Shark Tank Vietnam since season one until now. Revival Waste’s financial statements are at a loss, but the garbage disposal industry is not only of human value, but also of great economic value.
Initially, the founding group has organized movements and campaigns to handle dead waste. A few months later, they realized that their activities could be expanded and expanded, and decided to set up a startup called Revival Waste.
Revival Waste has figured out how to optimize and dispose of it by sorting waste at the source and sending it straight to the recycling plant. And the project actually does not need many people because Revival Waste is receiving support and consensus from many people thanks to its successful system building.
II. MARKET DEMAND
Environmental protection is a current topic, receiving great attention from the people and the media. One of the key activities to protect the environment is to properly treat waste sources. The sense of separating garbage from families is gradually appearing in the thinking and behavior of many individuals, especially young people, but not yet into the overall wave.
According to a report of the United Nations, annually the world generates about 300 million tons of plastic waste, but the poor treatment situation is still causing the volume of plastic waste in the environment to increase rapidly, causing many consequences. serious. Plastic waste is plastic products after being used and discharged into the environment such as: plastic bags, plastic bottles, plastic straws, synthetic plastics …
“A common habit that most of us are thinking is that what can be bought can be recycled, things that they do not buy means that they cannot be recycled. Milk cartons are one of the victims of this opinion. Paper milk cartons are 100% recyclable.”
According to the United Nations report, each year, the world has about 300 million tons of plastic waste (of which, Vietnam has about 1.8 million tons) coming from many different sources such as:
- Plastic waste from domestic activities: As waste generated from daily activities of people such as plastic bags, plastic bottles, plastic boxes, … Especially with increasingly busy lives, the need to use fast food products, disposable appliances are getting higher and higher, followed by the amount of plastic waste increasing exponentially.
- Plastic waste from industrial activities: Plastic waste also appears from factories, factories, industrial zones … in the production, construction process and in the living process of employees, employees.
- Plastic waste from tourism and service areas: Business points, entertainment areas, restaurants, hotels … are also the origin of many plastic waste.
- Medical waste plastic: Due to the characteristic of the health sector that using disposable utensils to minimize the risk of infection, and strict safety regulations, the amount of plastic waste from healthcare is very large. Types of medical waste include: plastic bags, packaging of medical supplies and equipment, medicine packaging tools, chemicals or needles, gloves, bottles, bottles, drugs …
According to a report by the United Nations Environment Program, each year the world uses 500 billion plastic bags and about 40% of the plastic produced is used for packaging. From 1969 up to now, plastic consumption has increased 20 times and will increase exponentially in the future.
According to data from FAO representatives, each year, Vietnam releases 1.8 million tons of plastic into the environment, of which about 730,000 tons is discharged into the sea. On average, each household uses and generates 1kg of plastic bags every month. In particular, the number 80 tons is the amount of plastic and plastic that Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City release into the environment in a day.
According to the UN statement, the amount of waste that the world releases into the environment every year is enough to surround the earth four times, this amount is constantly increasing every day. Plastic waste has a long decomposition time, and in the process of decomposition of 100 years or even 1000 years, they will be decomposed into microscopic plastic pieces.
These microplastics (microplastic) go into water, soil, air, food … and when people are exposed to, ingest these microplastics, they will directly affect health. This is also the cause of many dangerous diseases such as hormone imbalance, respiratory disease, neurological disease …
In addition, according to scientists, the treatment of plastic waste by burning also causes many dangers to the health of the whole community. When burning plastic waste, it will create dioxins and fura gas … causing difficulty breathing, digestive disorders, increasing the likelihood of cancer …
Plastic waste is difficult to decompose, so when it comes to disposal by landfill, it will last a hundred years underground. At this time, the decaying microplastics will pollute the groundwater source, or change the physical properties of the soil, make the soil unable to retain water, affecting the growth of trees.
As for the plastic waste that is thrown or washed away with rainwater down the drain, river, lake, river … will narrow the area of ponds, lakes, rivers; obstructing flows, clogging drains, affecting human activities …
The cyclical economic model has been identified as the golden key to remove problems and solve problems of plastic businesses and related industries in the “green race” through collection and recycling management activities. processing plastic waste in Vietnam today. Catching up with that trend, the Revival Waste project was born, contributing to creating community values.
- The main activities of this business include: Collection and classification of waste, consulting on waste solutions for units.
- Revival Waste was born with the hope of connecting the government’s waste sources, brands, and recycling plants so that stakeholders can work together to solve this problem.
- Founder Binh said, Revival Waste will provide a self-contained model: Garbage is sorted at source and then directly to the recycling plant.
- Business income comes from waste sales, consulting costs to units.
IV. BUSINESS OPERATION:
Starting operations from November 2018, up to now, Revival Waste has collected 125 million VND, loss 700 million VND. According to the founder, since the company is a social enterprise, the loss is quite high.
Revival Waste’s revenue comes from trash sales, consulting costs, and businesses participating in the project. Currently the company is collecting rubbish from sources such as schools and a number of programs in collaboration with localities.
- Spreading the project to 18 counties, districts and 9 provinces and cities nationwide
- The project is cooperating with an F&B chain that has a system of several hundred cafes nationwide to collect and recycle plastic waste.
- The model was deployed in 80 cafes, with an average recovery of 10 tons of plastic waste sorted on site.
- Collected and helped to recycle 2 million cartons of milk, 10,000 plastic boxes, 2 million straws and more than 100,000 plastic bags.